- Basic design for reconstruction of entire pipeline system including control and automation
- Detailed design including: Definition of scope of reconstruction, Geological and environmental investigations, Surveying of 106 intersections and 15 stations, Execution of plan approval procedure, Detailed design for tender preparation, Preparation of contract documents for material procurement, rehabilitation, laying of fibre-optic cable and construction work
- Project management / controlling
- Construction phase: Construction supervision and commissioning, Checking and preparation of as-built documentation.
The 139.6 km long Böhlen-Litvinov ethylene pipeline (EBL), connecting BSL´s Böhlen plant with the Chemopetrol chemical plant in Litvinov, had been put into operation in 1975.
Owing to wear and tear over the years and the substandard laying of the pipeline in the first place it had become necessary to carry out a comprehensive rehabilitation and valorisation of the entire facility.
The reconstruction measures had to be effected with minimum interruption to the ongoing operation of the pipeline, hence calling for the adoption of a very tight timetable as follows:
- planning phase (2/97-7/97) 6 months
- construction phase (8/97-10/97) 3 months
- renovation & automation (1998) approx. 8 months