Preparation of feasibility studies, detailed designs and tender documents as well as construction supervision for the implementation of a new wastewater system including:
- Sewerage network (gravity sewers, force mains, manholes, sewer lifting stations, sewer pumping stations, house connections)
- New wastewater treatment plant for 5,000 PE on the island of La Digue
- Replacement of the main pressure pipe
- Rehabilitation of 7 pumping stations
- Rehabilitation of the WWTP for Greater Victoria on the island of Mahé (35,000 PE)
Dorsch International Consultants GmbH
Phone: +49 89 5797-0
Fax: +49 89 5797-800
The improvement of La Digue and Mahé Wastewater Systems and its subsequent construction supervision is one of the multiple projects included in the “Seychelles Water & Sanitation Project (SWSP); which in turn, is part of the “Seychelles Water Development Plan 2008-2030”, a 20 year investment plan devised by the Government of Seychelles presented n to meet the water demand in the three main Islands of Mahe, Praslin and La Digue.
The project aims to enhance the water quality by reducing the proportion of untreated wastewater and ensuring universal, equitable and affordable sanitation for all. Additionally, the project contributes in minimising illnesses due to untreated wastewater and promotes sustainable agriculture when the treated water is reused in irrigation.
The Public Utilities Corporation of Seychelles (PUC) is acting as both the Client and Project Management Unit (PMU).